02. Abstract

02. Abstract Audio Recording (Podcast File)
Continuation of the autobiography.
The C programming language course began at the university in 1994 in early autumn. I continue to study it to this day. By the way, TCL itself is written in C (well, at least its core). The language have a great practical importance for the development of both system and application software. Also around this time I was working part-time: more for interest and access to a PC, which I did not have. Projects were conducted in the Clipper programming language. I wrote a database editor. Data was stored in DBF format files. In some ways, they very remotely resemble the unpretentious SQLite DBMS files, which I plan to talk about in the future (SQLite and TCL are shared in embedded electronics). In 1995, I had my own IBM / Intel compatible personal computer (PC) with an AMD 486 DX4-100 processor. On it I was engaged in self-education. In particular, I mastered object-oriented programming (OOP) in the C++ programming language. In the university had an OOP course, which was taught by a postgraduate student. He invented to expand the Clipper language with object-oriented (OO) constructs and created an appropriate preprocessor. It translated these OO extensions into the code directly for the Clipper language compiler. OOP also penetrated into the TCL language (e.g. Incr Tcl, TclOO, etc.) Then I studied at home the Assembler programming language for MS-DOS as part of the Intel 8086 microprocessor commands. The language has access to the equipment closer than even C; but, as a rule, it is not worthy of the attention of those who usually talk about programming.
The podcast used the musical track Ghost II-12 from remix materials provided by Trent Reznor. https://archive.org/details/NineInchNailsGhostsI-ivMulti-trackStems

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

01. Abstract